As the temperatures continue to drop and the cold of winter fully sets in, it’s important to have the tools you need to survive in the event of bad weather. Ice and snow can cause power outages, freeze water pipes and it’s important to have what you need to stay warm no matter the circumstances.
Here are a few items you may want to have on hand should the weather take a turn for the worst…
- A generator – this will help keep your lights on and your home warm in the event of a power outage.
- Blankets – it’s always nice to have a few extra blankets when the temperature drops or when relatives stayover.
- Kerosene lamps – a dependable standby that is both functional and decorative.
- Flashlights – everyone needs to have a quality flashlight with fresh batteries in the event of a storm.
- Candles – great for use in power outages and also keep the home fragrant and fresh.
This is just a short list, but these and other items could make a world of difference should you become stranded in your home this winter. Come check out our inventory of discount merchandise in Joplin, MO to see how else you prepare your home against the winter.